[SunHELP] Yahoo! News Story - It Shouldn't Be Hard to Spot Her

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Feb 13 07:13:23 CST 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:11:58 +0000
wa2egp at att.net wrote:

> >  No, those #sgi guys were always real a**holes to anybody but
> >  themselves.
>
> I've had a similar experience on a ham radio list on yahoo.
> I disagreed with their opinion on a particular antenna and how they
> tested it.  Boy, did I get a load of crap from the "experts", nothing
> like what Bill got though.  I can sympathize.

It's amazing how advocacy can be taken to an extreme.  I used to
subscribe to the Realsoft3D list, until I mentioned that my Octane was
spanking a lot of x86 gear in render times and visualization.  Boy did I
ever get a load of shit.  All the weenies jumped right in and wanted
their pound of flesh.  That was the driving force to me learning Blender
- which is a much more capable and mature piece of software, IMO.

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all