[SunHELP] Netra 1405 console/serial problem(?)

Jacob Zehnder jrz at cnmnetwork.com
Mon Feb 2 23:23:58 CST 2004

Here is the situation..  I have 2 identical Sun Netra 1405s stacked on top
of each other.  I have a Lantronix console server.  I take an rj45 cable
with rj45<->db25 converter(provided by Lantronix) into serial A on top Netra
1405 and direct attach the port while logged into Lantronix.... NOTHING,
zilch.  I then take the exact same cable and plug it into the Netra 1405
under the first and again direct attach the port while logged into Lantronix
and it works great.  Ok, so my first thought is somethings up with the
serial A port on the first 1405, so I now take my laptop db9<-null
modem->db25 and plug it into serial A port on the machine and question and I
can connect to the port fine.  So its not a bad cable provided by Lantronix
because it works on the machine below with same config.  Its not the port
because I can plug my laptop into that port and have it work brilliantly.
It's a very strange problem for me and if anyone else has come across it
then thanks in advance!

-Jacob Zehnder