[SunHELP] Help... sudo compilation on x86 solaris using gcc-2.95.2

david rana help_dev at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 09:23:30 CST 2004

Dear Expertise.

Looking to have your sugestion and solution... I am trying to compile  sudo-1.6.8.p5  using gcc-2.95.2 , but it is taking lone time for checking C compiler & coming out with following error:

checking whether to set $HOME to target user in shell mode... no
checking whether to disable 'command not found' messages... no
checking for egrep... egrep
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
bash-2,00#

and following are lines from config.log

configure:3490: checking for egrep
configure:3506: found /usr/bin/egrep
configure:3516: result: egrep
configure:3579: checking for gcc
configure:3595: found /opt/bin/gcc
configure:3605: result: gcc
configure:3849: checking for C compiler version
configure:3852: gcc --version </dev/null >&5
2.95.2
configure:3855: $? = 0
configure:3857: gcc -v </dev/null >&5
Using builtin specs.
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
configure:3860: $? = 0
configure:3862: gcc -V </dev/null >&5
gcc: argument to `-V' is missing
configure:3865: $? = 1
configure:3889: checking for C compiler default output
configure:3892: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
cpp: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 9
configure:3895: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 3868 "configure"

Waiting for your suggestions and help..