[SunHELP] mounting solaris cdrom

Kevin Lee kevin at c0rp.com
Thu Sep 25 17:05:23 CDT 2003

I am attempting to netboot a SS20 from my OPENBSD 3.3 INTEL BOX.

I can figure out most things. BUT JUST 1)

When I mount the solaris cd1 mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0a  /cdrom
it mounts ok but i seem to remember that there are to partitions needed
for the install s0/s1  no matter what I do I cant seem to find s1
on the cdrom anywhere.

Normally under solaris i wound mount /dev/c0t6d0s0 /mnt/s0
and /dev/c0t6d0s1 /mnt/s1
and voila i could get at the boot section of the files and or share them

1) I have an OPENBSD 3.3 INTEL BOX
2) SS20

I have:

Inserted the sol 9 cd1 into the cdrom of my openbsd box
and I am attempting to mount it both partitons. (as s1 has all the good boot
stuff)

Set up /etc/ethers and /etc/hosts

I need help on mounting cdrom partitions
and knowing what to share via nfs..

Thanks
kevin