[Solaris-Users] Re: [SunHELP] hostname

Fernando Machado fmachadoj at inf.ufrgs.br
Thu Sep 25 09:02:10 CDT 2003

Hey, Peter!
thanx for you help, but the unique solution that worked was creating a
script in rc2.d that sets the hostname based on file with the a given
name. so, i4ve created a script that sets the hostname to the name given
in the file /etc/myhname, and it runs before the net start.
This is recommended for machines that get ips from a dhcp server, cos4
in fixed ip machines you set the hostname as you told, setting it on
/etc/hostname.[device] and in /etc/hosts.

Have a nice Week(end)!!!

[ ]4s!

Fernando Machado Jr.
IT Dept.
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - Porto Alegre/RS - Brasil
Biotechnology/Network Support
e-mail: fmachadoj at inf.ufrgs.br