[SunHELP] Using Internal Transceiver

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Sep 4 00:27:17 CDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 01:26:51PM +0800, Sizheng Zhu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I got repeated messages on my console screen:
>
> SUNW,home0: Using Internal Transceiver
> SUNW,home0: 100 Mbps full-duplex Link Up

I think you'll find that's SUNW,hme0 not home0.

This is your machine telling you that it's connected to the network
using the internal transceiver of your machine's primary 10/100 Ethernet
interface (hme0), at 100 megabits, full-duplex.

Why you're getting the message *repeatedly* is unknown, unless you have
some piece of software that (through error or misconfiguration) is
repeatedly reconfiguring hme0.  You haven't provided enough information
to determine why.

Unless, of course, by "repeated" you mean you get this message every
time you boot the machine.  In that case, it's perfectly normal.