[SunHELP] User account security

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 7 10:47:01 CDT 2003

Hello gurus,

I have a requirement to setup a user account for an application, lets call
the application "unformix". I want to setup the account so no one can log in
directly to my server with this account, but can perform a 'su' to this
account after logged in as themselves. If possible, I'd like to leave an
audit trail on which users are using my "unformix" user account.

I know that this is easy for the root account, but is this possible just
using basic passwd and shadow files for a regular user?

BTW, we're running Solaris 8 for an OS.

Thanks.

Matthew Simoncini