[SunHELP] Problems while fsck

Munish Bajaj mbajaj at quark.co.in
Wed May 28 05:55:50 CDT 2003

Hi Listers,

I'm facing the following error while running a fsck to recover a damaged
file system.

root# fsck -F ufs -o b=92592 /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s6
Alternate super block location: 92592.
** /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s6
BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG
USE AN ALTERNATE SUPER-BLOCK TO SUPPLY NEEDED INFORMATION;
eg. fsck [-F ufs] -o b=# [special ...]
where # is the alternate super block. SEE fsck_ufs(1M).

The error does not go even if i specify any other super-block number. I am
using newfs -N to get the alternate super-block number.

Please tell me what else can i do to solve this issue.

Thanks to all,

Regards
Munish Bajaj

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of Blank Bkgrd.gif]