[SunHELP] .forward not working

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Thu May 22 11:24:54 CDT 2003

I have a Solaris 8 box running on a Netra t1/150 and I cannot get the
.forward to work! I have a file in '/' with the following attributes:

-rw-------   1 root     other         20 May 22 11:07 .forward

The content is one line with my email address on it. No matter what, the
root account receives all the email but it never forwards the mail to
the address in the .forward file.

Just to be sure, I checked that the root home directory is really '/'
and it is. I also verified this by "su -" into the root account and it
dumped me into the the root directory.

If no one has any ideas, is there another way to force sendmail to
forward the root mail to my admin account? Some sort of aliasing? This
Solaris box is not the main SMTP server; I have that setup in the
/etc/hosts file thusly:

172.16.10.19    mailhost.wellinx.com    mailhost

Thanks in advance!

Ben Ricker