[SunHELP] V880 and APC Smartups 2200

Matt Goebel goebel at emunix.emich.edu
Thu May 15 15:50:24 CDT 2003

Hello,

  I'm trying to get a V880 running Solaris 8 to play nicely with an
APC SmartUPS 2200, with mixed results.  After installing the
APC software I can talk to the ups through serial port, but I've
discovered that the machine will refuse to boot if the ups
serial cable is plugged in at boot time.
  I assume that V880 is trying to use the serial connection as a
dumb terminal?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Goebel : goebel at emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating Furry Fan.