[SunHELP] Re: Disk for Ultra 1

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu May 1 08:53:24 CDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 06:55:13PM -0400, Tim Longo wrote:
> Does anyone have disks larger than 4GB in an Ultra 1? If so, what brand and
> model of disk?

I've run all sorts in an Ultra 1, including (probably) all of the Sun 1"
9/18/36GB 1" disks, IBM DRHS36D 36gb halfhigh, and Hitachi DK31CJ-72MC
1" 72gb disks in Ultra 1s. That's just a sampling... we put all sorts in
them at my last couple of jobs.

Any non-HVD 1" or 1.6" drive should work in the Ultra 1. 1" works in
either bay, 1.6" works in one bay only. You could also put a drive in
the CD bay with a bit of mounting hardware, I believe.

--Rob