[SunHELP] compiling dig 2.0

Bob Ababurko ababurko at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 27 20:37:05 CST 2003

Well, taking andre at synchronicity.com's advice, I installed the binutils and
ran a make in the dig directory.  This time it did not stop on ld.  I don't
really know much besides that the compiler doesn't like dig.c.  Is there a
"best approach" to figuring this out?

root at dharma# make
/usr/local/bin/gcc -O -DDEBUG -c sethostent.c
sethostent.c:15:8: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive
sethostent.c:23:8: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive
ld -x -r sethostent.o
mv a.out sethostent.o
/usr/local/bin/gcc -O -DDEBUG -c qtime.c
ld -x -r qtime.o
mv a.out qtime.o
ar cru libresolv.a herror.o res_comp.o res_debug.o res_init.o res_mkquery.o
res_query.o  res_send.o strcasecmp.o gethostnamadr.o sethostent.o qtime.o
ranlib libresolv.a
/usr/local/bin/gcc -O -DDEBUG -c list.c
list.c: In function `do_zone':
list.c:100: warning: passing arg 2 of `connect' from incompatible pointer type
ld -x -r list.o
mv a.out list.o
/usr/local/bin/gcc -O -DDEBUG dig.c -L`pwd` -lresolv list.o -o dig
In file included from dig.c:65:
subr.c:49:8: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive
dig.c: In function `main':
dig.c:175: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
dig.c:175: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dig.c:175: for each function it appears in.)
dig.c:368: `O_WRONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
dig.c:368: `O_CREAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
dig.c:368: `O_TRUNC' undeclared (first use in this function)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `dig'

I also want to confirm that the first command that I run from within the
dig directory is make since there is no configure file.