[SunHELP] intresting logging Query

Yan ymercier at mxtest.homedns.org
Sun Mar 16 14:51:45 CST 2003

Look on www.sun.com for blueprint articles on network security.
It explains how to use inetd and tcp wrappers for logging and access control

One of the blueprint doc probably talk about SU also

Yan

--------
Hi all

   is it possible to log all the sucessful logins
(ftp/telnet/login)on my system running solaris 7 on
sparc  , at present it's only logging just a
unsucessful login attempts. is its possible then
kindly point me to some doc which explains this. i
tried goggling for this but didt found any stuff which
explains this,

   is it possible to limit the MAX no of "SU" attempts
which user can try (like RETRIES parameter in
/etc/default/login) ????????

regards
Prashant