FW: [SunHELP] SunNewbie...still can't access internet after install of OS...

Marvin Cummings marvc at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 16 10:32:06 CST 2003

> Now, fire up a web browser and see if you can see www.msn.com.

That is where the problem is at, the web browser. I click to open a web
browser, Netcrap, and it just hangs there on a blank scrren. Doesn't
matter what I type in the Location filed, the screen just seem to sit
there or it'll return the following:
The server www.msn.com wishes to set a cookie that will be sent to any
server in the domain www.msn.com
The name and value of the cookie are: MC1=V=2kljasdlkidsfdsj
This cookie will persist until Sat Oct 4 21:58
Do you wish to allow the cookie to be set?
Click OK and get another similar question.
Click OK and nothing happens.
Hold the phone!
Hmmm the msn page pulled up. As a matter of fact it's the ONLY page that
comes up. I had been trying sun.com, which doesn't do anything. It just
sits on a blank screen. So do any of the other sites. So if I try
http://sunsolve.sun.com, nothing happens. It just sits there.
Hmm...Now I'm really confused.
~:-(