[SunHELP] SunNewbie...still can't access internet after install of OS...

Marvin Cummings marvc at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 15 22:17:42 CST 2003

Hey I'm still at a loss as to why my Ultra Sparc, which I've installed
onto my w2k network, cannot access the internet. I've confirmed that:
The /etc/resolv.conf file displays the correct nameserver and IP
The /etc/hosts file is configured properly
The /etc/hostname.conf contains system
The /etc/nsswitch.conf file contains dns in the hosts line
The /etc/defaultrouter file lists the IP of my gateway
Netstat -nr shows that routing is properly configured

I can ping internal and external resources, well some external
resources.
I can nslookup internal resources
Everything appears to be consistent to initial install procedures yet I
can't access the internet. I'm still learning my way thru this so if
anyone can offer any suggestions for me to check that would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA