[SunHELP] newbie unclear on post installation steps of solaris 8 on ultra sparc...

Marvin Cummings marvc at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 14 09:35:04 CST 2003

Yes it was already set up that way so I didn't have to make any changes.
I've been online and using some of the documentation found at Sun and
its linked sites. I've searched Blue-Print, I'm still waiting to be
added to the forums at sun-help.org. I've yet to run across SANS, but I
will do a search on it. My only problem being totally new to sun and
learning it from scratch is finding anything documented that's
consistent from beginning to end. Most of what I've read thus far deals
with a totally different level of Sun as it relates to using NIS or
other services on different platforms I've yet to become familiar with
configuring.
My plan is to set this system up as a server, download the Solaris 8 x86
version and install it onto my laptop to be used as a client. This will
give me the client-server setup I'm looking for and hopefully get me
familiar with W2K integration and authentication. And I plan on coming
away with a certification or two...