[SunHELP] [Q] need SUN server benchmark information compare to other systems?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Mar 13 08:37:50 CST 2003

> Before we can commit the management that SUN/ORACLE server is the
> best choice, I need get some benchmarks info to compare SUN with
> other systems (NT, LINUX, ...). Does anyone have information like that?

   I was just trying to get some relative performance numbers out of Sun in
order to size a few servers, and they wouldn't really give me anything but
spec.org numbers for the bare CPUs. If you offer a veiled threat of going over
to another vendor's hardware you might spook them into telling you something,
but I woudn't hold my breath.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt