[SunHELP] Logging queries

Prashant Desai pressy_sun at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 13:49:08 CST 2003

Hi all

   i have just installed the tcpserver on my solaris 7
system , before compiling i have made a samll change
in the makefile as follows
FACILITY=LOG_MAIL  line changed to FACILITY=LOG_AUTH

 then i compiled , however i have observed that the
tcp wrapper is sending same loginfo 2 times for every
connections info ,

like say if i get connected to "server using telnet"
then i am getting ,
"in.telnetd [pid]connection from 172.16.2.100"
 message two times in my logfile time stamps of both
are same , how can i disable this so that it only log
once for each connection rather then logging two
times,

 another thing is i have observed that when the telnet
connection failes then the log just shows "login:
[pam_auth_something_like]authentication failure"  but
doesn't shows the username for which the auth failed
nor for the su- failed it's showing it , i am getting
these details on my redhat linux box so i feel there
must be some way by which i can enable this on solaris
7 also ,
kindly point me how can i enable this

now in case of in.ftpd the thing are even worst that i
am only getting the connection from ip address that
also tcp_wrapper is giving me , when the ftp auth
fails i am not getting any info about the username
tried by user etc .

 kindly guide me how can i get all the above details
on my solaris 7 box , as i feel these things are very
important and there must be a lot of guys who are
doing this

regards
Prashant
http://webhosting.yahoo.com