[SunHELP] Netra X1 crashes unexpectedly

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Mon Mar 10 10:18:29 CST 2003

I have a Netra X1 running Sloaris 8 that crashed over the weekend. I was
awoken by our moniitoring software that said it could not connect to the
computer. There was no ping response. I tried hooking into the serial
console and there was also no response. So, I had the power cable
pulled.

The box came back up with the expected filesystem woes. I ran through
'fsck' on the filesystems and everything came back up. Of course, there
is nothing in the logs at all about the server. I checked lom and there
is nothing unusual. Here is the listing of the alarms:

LOMlite alarm states:
Alarm1=off
Alarm2=off
Alarm3=on
Fault LED=off

And here is the log entries around the time of the outage:
2/27/2003 21:41:13 GMT LOM time reference
 +8d+17h53m3s host FAULT: powered off unexpectedly
 +8d+17h53m3s  fault led state - ON
 +0h0m0s LOM booted
 +0h0m0s host power on
 +0h8m38s host reset
 +0h14m2s host reset
 3/8/2003 15:54:26 GMT LOM time reference
 +23h28m43s host reset
 3/9/2003 15:27:42 GMT LOM time reference

The entry of being "powered off" seems to be when the plug was pulled.
Does anyone see anything unusual? Anyone have trouble with a Netra X1
dropping like that?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Ben Ricker

--