[SunHELP] Sun Disk label

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jul 16 09:32:36 CDT 2003

"From: "Tige D. Chastain" <tdchastain at insightbb.com>
"
"I forgot to mention that the drives are in another box
"that cannot boot from CD-ROM because the disks don't
"have a valid Sun label on them.

that's not a bar.  you can 'boot cdrom -s' and get a single-user shell
from which you can run format and label them.

"I wonder if I do net install with disks not having sun label...

i think it'll croak on unlabelled disks.