[SunHELP] ufs_ninode question.

Naser Ali Ali.Naser at irs.gov
Fri Jan 24 14:49:03 CST 2003

Gurus,

When I run netstat -k I get maxsize reached much larger than maxsize. Should
I tune this to increase the size of this param, or leave it alone. If I
should increase it, then what should be the max possible size should be
without causing any adverse side effects.?
Below is the out put from kstat -n

# kstat -n inode_cache
module: ufs                             instance: 0
name:   inode_cache                     class:    ufs
        cache allocs                    363051
        cache frees                     283128
        crtime                          441.705498742
        hits                            970820
        kmem allocs                     165491
        kmem frees                      42961
        lookup idles                    0
        maxsize                         128512
        maxsize reached                 144381
        misses                          363051
        pushes at close                 0
        puts at backlist                414730
        puts at frontlist               737125
        queues to free                  0
        scans                           359152852
        size                            118133
        snaptime                        79185.680671897
        thread idles                    217561
        vget idles                      0

Any pointers please,
TIA

PS. the maxuser parameter is set to "2048" and I have 23 GB of total phys
mem.