[SunHELP] se1: Buffer overrun

Chris Hall chall at verio.net
Tue Jan 21 14:27:26 CST 2003

$ uname -a
SunOS xxxxxx.xxx 5.8 Generic_108528-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80

  I came accross these entries in the system logs,

[...]

Jan 20 10:27:31 xxxxxx.xxx se: [ID 531579 kern.warning] WARNING: se1: Buffer overrun
Jan 20 10:29:46 xxxxxx.xxx last message repeated 856 times
Jan 20 10:45:29 xxxxxx.xxx se: [ID 531579 kern.warning] WARNING: se1: Buffer overrun

[...]

    I did some looking around and found this posts,

http://aa11.cjb.net/sun_managers/2000/08/msg00686.html
http://aa11.cjb.net/sun_managers/2000/08/msg00231.html

   Looking on sunsolve it looks like the patch is for 2.6, Anyone have any idea's ?

--
Thanks,

- Chris Hall

  "The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens
to reverse the trend towards illiteracy among the supposedly educated without,
at the same time improving their spelling".
                                               -- Michael Swaine, Dr. Dobb's Journal