[SunHELP] Newb question: can't install core group

Bret Adams bret at fabrikant.com
Mon Jan 13 09:04:39 CST 2003

You can boot off of the software 1 of 2 CD as the other member mentioned or
you can boot off of the installation disk itself and it will setup the
installation environment and prompt you with instructions from there.  If
you dont have the full Solaris media kit with all of the supplemental CD's
use the software 1 of 2.  But my suggestion is to install the Entire Group
plus OEM.  It has the most drivers and should cover most of your hardware
components and any dependencies.  But you will also need Software 2 of 2
disk as well.