[SunHELP] ppp & ip-ip script

Nejhdeh Ghevondian nejhdeh at aimedics.com
Thu Jan 9 11:59:04 CST 2003

Hi all,

I have a small Ethernet-based Sun network (on Solaris 9) at home that
links to my ISP through the ppp protocol.

The man pages pf the pppd protocol says that after a successful
connection with the peer server (the ISP) a script should run
immediately afterwards in /etc/ppp/ip-up (if it exists).
So to test that this script runs, I created this script (making it
executable) by inserting a single line as echo "test" in it.

However, after the ppp link is established, this script doesn't run, or
at least I don't see the echo on my standard output screen, saying
"test".

What is the problem?
1.	Is there an option or flag I have to set in the pppd command?
2.	Does the ip-up print out the standard output screen such as the
console?

Regards

Nejhdeh