[SunHELP] can't type through serial port

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Wed Jan 8 09:24:47 CST 2003

Have you tried typing in the root password and hitting 'Enter'?

The message you see on the screen shows that you have an issue with a
filesystem; the system was unable to fsck a filesystem properly due to a
crash? Try hard resetting the machine and see if you get the output.

Additionally, I am assuming you checked the Hyperterminal settings to
make sure they are correct (i.e., 8-N-1 at 9600baud)?

Hth,

Ben Ricker