[SunHELP] Print Server

triyono triyono at rtmglobal.com
Sun Jan 5 19:52:43 CST 2003

Hi All,
We are configuring two Print servers, Dlink and LANpress (castelle),
from our Sun E250 with Sol 8 running on it. We do these as follows to
configure Dlink:

#  lpadmin -p Finance_pgd -o protocol=bsd,dest=Dlink-FA:FA-P1 -v
/dev/null -m netstandard -T
    unknown -I  any
#  accept Finance_pgd
#  enable Finance_pgd

note : Dlink-FA is hostname or IP address of the Dlink box
        The corresponding port name on an Dlink network device is
"FA-P1"

I do the same thing on configuring  LANpress but it does not working
with the following error message :

Message from lp on simplot (???)  (Fri : Jan 3 16:11:13) ...
Subject : Problem with printer Purchasing_pgd

The printer Purchasing_pgd has stopped printing for the reason giving
below.
Fix the problem & bring the printer back on line to resume printing.
The reason(s) it stopped [multiple reasons indicate repeated attempts]:

Netapr: Error return from bsd_print (24) (EOT)

The printer already online and ready to print

Could anyone help me out what it does mean & what should I do to resolve
it.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
-triyono-