[SunHELP] Help with Sendmail Solaris 9

Joost van Baal j.e.vanbaal at uvt.nl
Fri Jan 3 09:53:04 CST 2003

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 10:38:40AM -0500, Joseph Bruzzo wrote:

> I am try to change the location where mail is delivered on my server.
>
>   From /var/mail
>   To  /data/Mail  (This is a hard drive dedicated to users mail)
>
> Also how do I state this in the sendmail.mc file.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is not done by sendmail; instead, sendmail generally invokes something
like /usr/lib/mail.local to take care of this.

Check the line starting with

 Mlocal

in your sendmail.cf file.  If it's got a mail.local, you need to tell
that program about your wishes.  Alternatively, you might want to use
e.g. procmail(1) or maildrop(1) for your local mail deliveries.  I guess
these are easier configurable.

HTH, Bye,

Joost

--
Joost van Baal                                http://banach.uvt.nl/
                                                 Tilburg University

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]