[SunHELP] Flash Update for Cycle UP-60?

David Strom dstrom at ciesin.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 28 14:28:21 CST 2003

Thanks to all who've offered help:

The tip from Stephen Price to check www.archive.org was helpful, except
that it seems that Cycle didn't put the mboard manual up, as the UP-60
was an OEM only product.

As to the question why I thought to upgrade, the Rave UP-60 I have
doesn't
go to an OK prompt when shutdown, just locks up... can't STOP-A or
anything,
I have to power-cycle... and the system didn't recognize an 18GB Sun 10K
disk (by IBM) when I did a probe-scsi.  The disk as an Ultra2 SCSI LVD,
but
should be backwards-compatible - it works OK  in an Utra 2 system.
Besides,
the OBP version seems REALLY old compared to recent versions.

And, yup, it's got v 3.10.0 Greg, so it's apparently at the most recent
version, according to you, for the Ultra AX board.

I might just put the CPUs & memory in an Ultra 60... does anyone know if
they'd be compatible?  The info I've seen seems to suggest that the
memory
is, and the 360Mhz UltraSparc CPUs should work, I'd think?  Any one know
why that wouldn't work?  TIA.

--
David Strom
Systems Administrator,  CIESIN at Columbia University