[SunHELP] Flash Update for Cycle UP-60?

David Strom dstrom at ciesin.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 27 14:15:00 CST 2003

I picked up a Sun box, the label says "Rave" but Rave says it's a a
Cycle UP-60 inside... very similar to an Ultra 60... it has dual-360Mhz
UltrSparc II CPUs, and there are PCI slots.  The UPA slot looks like an
Ultra 2, not the Ultra 60 UPA.  Also, the case is about the same size as
an Ultra 2 case.

So, I want to do a flash update, the OBP version is 3.10 or so... I
tried
the Ultra60 flash update as in the patch 106455-11 directions, but the
update program (which I boot up) says that it doesn't recognize the
mother-
board, "SUNW, 501-3043".   Searching the Sun handbook online doesn't
find
that part number.

Anyone have any knowledge about these?  I did get some images from Rave
from the motherboard docs.  Nothing about how or which Flash Update to
use...  No answer from Tadpole (who bought Cycle) support, yet.  I
considered the Ultra 2 flash update, but U2s don't have PCI slots, & I
was thinking that might be a problem.

Tried Googling Cycle UP-60 too, didn't find anything.

TIA.
--
David Strom
Systems Administrator,  CIESIN at Columbia University