[SunHELP] df -k Fufs questions,

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Feb 18 10:17:23 CST 2003

"viet nguyen" <vn26 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> i have a Solaris machine. when i usr df -kF ufs
>
> i see,  the /usr and /vob100 has some spare . Howcame it say capacity
> 100%.
>

> # df -kF ufs
> Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
<snip>
> /dev/md/dsk/d0       26088247 25722288  105077   100%    /vob100

Because the disk is full?  You have 99.597225% used space on the drive,
leaving you with 0.40277524% free space.  In calculating the used space, df
approximated to the closest integer percent and gave you 100%.

As far as /usr goes, it's prettyy darn close to %100 - 97% actually.  I'm
guessing that theres something wrong with either the filesystem or the way
df calculated the free space on that mount point.
--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."