[SunHELP] prtdiag output

James james at jdfogg.com
Thu Feb 13 11:03:37 CST 2003

I am trying to determine if a 4500 has a gigabit card installed. I ran
/usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/prtdiag -v and got this output:

System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u 8-slot Sun Enterprise
E4500/E5500
System clock frequency: 100 MHz
Memory size: 5120Mb

========================= CPUs =========================

                     Run   Ecache   CPU    CPU
Brd  CPU   Module   MHz     MB    Impl.   Mask
---  ---  -------  -----  ------  ------  ----
  0     0     0      400     8.0   US-II    10.0
  0     1     1      400     8.0   US-II    10.0
  2     4     0      400     8.0   US-II    10.0
  2     5     1      400     8.0   US-II    10.0
  5    10     0      400     8.0   US-II    10.0
  5    11     1      400     8.0   US-II    10.0

========================= Memory =========================

                                               Intrlv.  Intrlv.
Brd   Bank   MB    Status   Condition  Speed   Factor   With
---  -----  ----  -------  ----------  -----  -------  -------
  0     0    1024   Active      OK       60ns    1-way
  0     1    1024   Active      OK       60ns    1-way
  2     0    1024   Active      OK       60ns    1-way
  2     1    1024   Active      OK       60ns    1-way
  5     0    1024   Active      OK       60ns    1-way

========================= IO Cards =========================

      Bus   Freq
Brd  Type  MHz   Slot  Name                              Model
---  ----  ----  ----  --------------------------------  ----------------------
  1   SBus    25     0  network                           SUNW,sbus-gem

  1   SBus    25     3  SUNW,hme

  1   SBus    25     3  SUNW,fas/sd
(block)
  1   SBus    25    13  SUNW,socal/sf
(scsi-3)            501-3060
  3   SBus    25     0  network                           SUNW,sbus-gem

  3   SBus    25     3  SUNW,hme

  3   SBus    25     3  SUNW,fas/sd
(block)
  3   SBus    25    13  SUNW,socal/sf
(scsi-3)            501-3060

Detached Boards
===============
   Slot  State       Type           Info
     7    disabled   disk           Disk 0: Target: 14   Disk 1: Target: 15

No failures found in System

<snip>

I haven't worked with 4500's much and the output was unfamiliar to me (and
I was pleasantly surprised that it was an SBUS architecture) It looks like
board 1 and board 3 are HME's, but the "SUNW,sbus-gem" make me question if
they are gig. Is there any gigabit ethernet in this machine?