[SunHELP] nfs problems

tim miller timjmill at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 13:48:30 CST 2003

I've got a Sun Blade 100 that has extremely slow NFS
access. It is a fresh install of Solaris 8, installed
the same as I've done on other Sun Blades that have no
problems. The original install never had any such
problems (I had to reinstall after a hd failure
though). Any ideas where to look?

Also, when ssh'ing into some Sun Blades, after you
enter your login/passwd it prints
"Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8       Generic
February 2000" and then hangs for a minute before
completing the login. You can ctrl-C through this and
get straight to a prompt, logged in properly. Anyone
had this problem?

Thanks for your time.
Tim Miller
http://mailplus.yahoo.com