[SunHELP] Staroffice 6.0 dumps core after repair, loops(?) forever

Adam Victor Reed areed2 at calstatela.edu
Wed Feb 5 17:46:31 CST 2003

874:$ uname -a
SunOS cisdbsun 5.9 Generic_112233-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

Staroffice 6.0 installed from CD, Single-User, Educational Institution
license and media kit.

My StarOffice 6.0 installation stopped working after I accidentally
sent an interrupt (^C) to the shell from which I had started it.
After that it just displayed the opening teaser image and ran up large
amounts of accumulated machine time; for example, after 10 minutes
ps -ef gives

areed2 10090 10051 99 15:09:07 pts/12   9:45 /opt/home/areed2/staroffice6.0/program/soffice.bin

Note that on my machine

885:$ ls -l /export/home
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          9 Apr 27  2002 /export/home -> /opt/home

I did a complete repair, following the GUI instructions on the
installation CD. The next time I started it, I got

cisdbsun:/export/home/areed2/staroffice6.0/program
876:$ ./soffice
Abort(coredump)
cisdbsun:/export/home/areed2/staroffice6.0/program
877:$ ./soffice

and from that point on the same behavior as before the repair.
Is this a known problem? Is there a known fix or patch?

--
				Adam Reed
				areed2 at calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.