[SunHELP] NIS+ to OpenLDAP

Madhusudan KAPOOR madhu-sudan.kapoor at st.com
Sat Dec 20 01:22:07 CST 2003

hello vikas,

   Seen ur name many times in sunhelp mailing list. Can u pls tell me or
point me to some doc to replace my NIS environment with ldap ( sun
directory server ) with all its maps also got replaced with ldap. I've
searched to sun docs site and many other sites to find a step by step
procedure to do this. Just for your info our setup is

1. NIS server on solaris8 box
2. Nis clients are solaris and linux boxes.
3. And finally common authentication for windows and sun users i.e ldap.

Pls see if you can help or guide me on this

regards
Madhusudan