[SunHELP] X servers

Dan Williams dan_williams at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 20 01:22:05 CST 2003

Phil Stracchino wrote:

>On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 02:42:18PM +0000, Dan Williams wrote:
>

>>Is there something similar to exceed for solaris. I have a few machines
>>I would like to connect to in a window, but I would like to use xdm to
>>login in to the machines. I can use Xnest for the other solaris
>>machines. But this core dumps when trying to connect to a vms machine.
>>They all work under a borrowed windows machine. How can I do this under
>>solaris.
>>

>If the VMS machine isn't running X, you can't connect to it via XDM
>anyway.  If it is, then why not just ssh to it?

It is  running X but for some reason it crashes xnest, I could ssh to it
but I was looking for something similar to exceed or xnest. I would like
to be able to login on the remote machine for testing programs  etc. I
can do this perfectly under windows, but I don't have a windows machine
at home. I am sure it must be able to be done under X.

Thanks
Dan