[SunHELP] Help needed to setup NTP

uma reddy ur08 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 01:22:03 CST 2003

Hi! Jim Pennion

Is there any way ,I can configure the servers without using the reference clock.

Regards,
Uma Reddy

Jim Pennino <jimp at specsol.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 09:20:41PM -0800, uma reddy wrote:
> I need a help to setup server and client :
>

> My setup as follows
>
> SERVER A (MAIN ntp server 280R)----------------> SERVER B (THIS SERVER SHOULD SYNC WITH SERVER A- 280R)---------> NETWORK ELEMENTs
>
> I have already Setup NTP on server A by make changes asfollows
>
> # vi /etc/inet/ntp.conf
>
> Change:
>
> server 127.127.XType.0 prefer
>
> fudge 127.127.XType.0 stratum 0
>
> to:
>
> server 127.127.1.0 prefer
>
> # fudge 127.127.XType.0 stratum 0
>
> Check if the NTP daemon is running.
>
> Now Kindly let me know wht all Changes have tobe made in SERVER B to get date and timing as SERVER A.
>

> KINDLY HELP in Resolving my Problem!!!

On server B:

server ip_of_server_A

HOWEVER, B will not sync to A unless A is synced to a reference source.

The local system clock is NOT a reference source.

If you don't have a local reference source, see http://www.ntp.org/ for
a list of public servers you can use to sync A.

--
Jim Pennino
SunHELP maillist - SunHELP at sunhelp.org