[SunHELP] scsi warnings FC4700

Hichael Morton mh1272 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 01:22:14 CST 2003

doesn't emc support just suck!

if the error is transient, there should be no worry.

be sure that the "phone home" pc is working properly.  (we reboot our
"home home" pc once a day because emc blames every problem on it.)
if this pc is hosed, it will not notify emc that there are problems.  we
have caught problems (orange light several times) and the pc did not
phone home.

by the way, did you know the two service processors in the fc-4700 are
windows nt servers.  if you are an all sun shop, tell your boss that he
is the manager of win nt operations now.  (my boss got pissed when i
told him--quite humurous!)

a monitoring tool can be setup to let you know if anything is really
amiss.  we use nagios on a linux server.  works well.

the solution that we have decided upon is to buy a sun or hp san.  more
current, more versatile, more support.