[SunHELP] Boot problem

Deleep R. Nair drnair at ee.iitb.ac.in
Sat Aug 30 02:15:51 CDT 2003

Hi,
  I am a user of Solaris 7. I am facing a booting problem. The whole thing
started with "Time out waiting for ARP/RARP packet" message while booting
up after a power failure. Then i boot the device from CDROM and entered
to single user mode. But i couldn't mount the boot disk using the command

mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /mnt

It replied no such file or directory.

When i examine /dev/dsk/ directory, i find c0t2d0s[0:7] entries only.

If i try to mount these entries, i get a message
 mount: /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s0 is already mounted, /mnt is busy, or the
allowable number of  mount points has been exceeded.

Does anyone know a solution to this ? Thanks in advance.

Deleep