[SunHELP] Upgrade issue with disk space

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Mon Aug 25 10:19:07 CDT 2003

Kludge anyone? I got around the tremendously stupid Solaris
"auto-layout" by moving my /usr directory to /export/home and then
symbolic linking to /export/home/usr. You might also want to move /var
there if you do not have it on a separate partition, as /var/ has a
tendency to balloon uncontrollably and may lock up the box if it fills
/.

Someone may have a more elegant solution. One that come to mind is to
wipe the box and repartition it. For me, this was not an option as I was
working on a production server that I could not bring down that long.

HTH,

Ben Ricker
Wellinx, inc.