[SunHELP] HOWTO compress and save large SunPCI-diskimage

Rob Fielding rob at dsvr.net
Fri Aug 15 05:50:02 CDT 2003

Michael Karl wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have two SunPCI-II-Card with one 4GB diskimage ... the second is 21GB.
>
> I could save and compress the smaller diskimage with
>
> tar cf - . | zip backup - (result = 25% size, like diskusage under Windows).
>
> The same way with the bigger diskimage doesn't work :-(

Doesn't work as in doesn't get the same compression or doesn't work full stop ?

Not that I'd trust the results presented from any Windows utilities if your
problem is compression result you're not working from the misinterpretation
that all things compress equally are you?

--

Rob Fielding
rob at dsvr.net	Development	www.dsvr.co.uk