[SunHELP] Patch will not install

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Tue Aug 5 11:05:37 CDT 2003

I keep getting a failed patch install for patch # 112438-01 which adds
/dev/random capability for ssh. Here is the error I get:

more /var/sadm/patch/112438-01/log
Package not patched:
PKG=SUNWcarx.us
Original package not installed.

This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

/home/bricker/112438-01/SUNWcarx.u/install/checkinstall: /home/bricker/112438-01/SUNWcarx.u/install/checkinstall: cannot open
pkgadd: ERROR: checkinstall script did not complete successfully
Dryrun complete.
No changes were made to the system.

This looks like it has a dependency. If it does, do I jusst keep running
it, installing pkgs as they fail or is there an actual dependency
listing? There is none at the patches  home page:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?type=0&doc=fpatches%2F112438&display=plain

Thanks,

Ben Ricker
Wellinx.com