[SunHELP] Making Interface IP's persistent..

Joe Pampel joe at ardsley.com
Tue Aug 5 08:53:29 CDT 2003

Hi -

Background:
Solaris 7 (patched up to date as of Friday)
Nic's are qfe  (1 pci card worth..)
Platform is a Sparc Ultra 5

I must confess I haven't had to build a Solaris box from scratch in a
while, but just did yesterday and I have one odd problem.  When I
reboot, I lose the IP on qfe1.  I made qfe0 my main nic and it holds on
to it's settings just fine. I have etc\hostname.qfe# files for both
interfaces, I also built the machine with the nics in a switch so they'd
all be 'up' (have link at least) while I did the install and config.
(that had solved problems for me in the past IIRC)  Do I need to add a
script to one of the rc folders? (seems extreme..) Not sure what I am
missing??  Other than this, the machine is running great.
I just can't turn it off. ;)

Thanks,

Joe