[SunHELP] New Solaris Install and CVS build of Emacs

Josh Kuperman josh at ssimr.com
Mon Aug 4 19:32:58 CDT 2003

I have just installed Solaris 9 on a Sparc 10 and patched it so it's
current. I downloaded some packages from sunfreeware as they install
in /usr/local and this works well for how I laid out my partitions.

I decided it would be nice to build some things from CVS and decided
to start with emacs. I needed to manually add a lot to my path, and
add at least on library to LD_LIBRARY_PATH in order to make any
progress. Anyone have notes on how to do this more smoothly or
should I be asking for help from the emacs people.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at ssimr.com