[SunHELP] cdrecord question

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 10:01:17 CDT 2003

I'm creating a iso and burning a cd on a Ultra 5
running Sol8....the iso is a set of pdf files and
software for a laptop I'm working on.

The files names in the iso are fairly standard, things
like  reference-gd.pdf etc.

When I burn the cd, it completes fine, no errors.
When I look at the cdrom under Solaris, it looks fine
(file names right etc) - but when I mount the cd on
the laptop (running hpux11i), the file names are now
CAPITALIZED, as well as a ";1" has been appended to
the name of all the files.

i.e. reference-gd.pdf  becomes  REFERENCE-GD.PDF;1

What switch did I miss/mess-up in mkisofs/cdrecord?
(recorder identified in /etc/default/cdrecord, no
switches passed in cmd line)

synatx used:
mkisofs -l -L -r -o name-of-iso  /directories_to_burn

cdrecord -v /name-of-iso

regards
steve
http://search.yahoo.com