[SunHELP] FW: Solaris 8 Patches.

Chris Hall chall at verio.net
Fri Apr 18 12:28:52 CDT 2003

[Johnny.Garza at mail.sprint.com] Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 09:55:26AM -0500 wrote:
> > Hi Sun Admins,
> > I was wondering if any of you have run into this issue. I am installing
> > patches on an E-450 with Solaris 8 on it.
> > When I install any patch I get the following "Wordlist too large" then it
> > tails me that it failed to install the patch.
> > /tmp/109326-10/SUNWcsr/install/checkinstall: test:argument expected
> > pd\kgadd: ERROR: checkinstall script die not complete successfully.
> > Dryrun completed
> > No changes were made to the system.
> >
> > Any input would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Johnny
> > .

   Looks like fgrep may be failing ?
   Take a look at Patch-ID# 112396-02

     http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/findPatch.pl?patchId=112396

--
Thanks,

- Chris Hall

  "The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens
to reverse the trend towards illiteracy among the supposedly educated without,
at the same time improving their spelling".
                                               -- Michael Swaine, Dr. Dobb's Journal