[SunHELP] Force a user to reset his/her password when he/she logs in for th e first time.

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Tue Apr 15 07:05:28 CDT 2003

Wow. THERE is an unnecessarily elaborate way of doing a simple job!

Instead, use the -f option of passwd.

http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/816-0210/6m6nb7mgn?q=passwd&a=view

-f

    Forces the user to change password at the next login by expiring the
password for name.

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:10:11 +0100, Matthew Hattersley
<MatthewHattersley at businessserve.co.uk> wrote:

> you could set their shell to a shell script that runs passwd then usermod
> change there shell to sh or whatever.

---
I live in a predominantly mixed neighborhood. -Jay London