[SunHELP] telnet proplems on a solaris7 e450

Simon Jespersen shj at pine.dk
Fri Apr 11 02:46:53 CDT 2003

I have verified that the net interfaces are working properly, but i found
out that the name resololution is not working.

The machine is not in a NIS, i found out that the /etc/resolv.conf has ip
adresses that cannot be reached. That needed to be fixed but still could
that course the problems with rlogin and telnet even though i have tried to
ping telnet to the ip adresses.

The host file is valid, the server nunning a databse application with lots
of clients who connect to the server through a corba interface and they have
no problems connecting to the server....

I want to say thank you to you all for the effort to help me out of this
situation

Kind regards
Simon