[SunHELP] NFS + MySQL issues

Joe Stump joe at joestump.net
Thu Oct 31 16:37:28 CST 2002

Before I get flamed about NFS or RTFM I'll say this: I've browsed the archives
of mysql and found nothing. NFS will work fine for this application in my
specific configuration - so don't flame me about using NFS.

I've used NFS previously with a 420R and a NetApp without issue so I'm not
sure why this isn't working. My current setup is a Linux NFS Server with
locally attached Genesis RAID Array connected to my beautiful and horrifically
sexy Sun E450 running MySQL.

Now here is my problem. I mount my NFS share from my Linux server without
incident. From there I can read/write without incident. I installed mysql and
it runs fine with it's local data dir, but once I mount the NFS share as the
data dir and start the server the NFS connection hangs and MySQL barfs. Any
ideas?

BTW, you guys have been great - if any of you find yourself in the Ann Arbor,
MI area anytime soon we'll hit Ashley's for a beer on me.

--Joe

--
Joe Stump
http://www.joestump.net