[SunHELP] ld.so.1 error

Sizheng Zhu szhu at mail.ipp.ac.cn
Thu Oct 24 22:49:49 CDT 2002

We rebooted the computer, but still we got the same error message:
     ld.so.1: /usr/bin/login: fatal: libpam.so.1: can't open file: error=2
when we tried to login.

It's strange that we can log into the computer with Exceed (a software suite) from PCs. Using 'top' command, we found that:
    Memory 256M real, 191M free,    15M swap in use, 704M swap free

We can find ld.so.1 and login, but no libpam.so.1.
What's wrong with it ?

Thanx,
Zhu