[SunHELP] NIS

Mac User user_mac at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 13:59:17 CDT 2002

I have an NIS master configured on a SGI machine

I am tryin to make a Sun(SOlaris 8)talk to the NIS
server. I did the following changes
/etc/passwd
+darshan:x:60000:10::/export/home/darshan:/bin/csh
The Name on the NIS server is
darshan:x:60549:20::/usr/people/darshan:/bin/tcsh

/etc/nsswitch.conf
passwd: compat

Now i try to connect from the Sun ...
Following things happen
doing a telnet lets u in but with id = 60549 group 20
but it had to take 60000 and 10 . The shell and home
directory are taken perfectly

Doing a CDE login to the console . gives the message
DTSESSIOn cannot be started because ....
That messages comes because the userids dont match ..

Now I have no idea wat i have done wrong here.

Why isnt the Sun machine taking id as 60000:10 while
taking the right home directory and shell

Thanx
Mac